Photo by Pexels
What are the benefits of coconut oil for dogs & puppies?
The latest fad in pet healthcare is coconut oil, and according to research, it can help to alleviate the symptoms of itchy/bumpy skin along with digestion issues as well. However, what is the real picture, and how beneficial is coconut oil for your furry friend? In the following post, we will have a look at some facts about coconut oil for dogs and how useful they actually are?
According to Dog Lovers Pup – coconut oil for dogs, these are the following varieties available in the market.
The refined variety
Note that the refined variety can also be listed as the bleached or deodorized and is made from the dried coconut copra. This is the inexpensive, odorless variety and quite obviously doesn’t contain all the nutrients as a chunk of it is lost during the cost-efficient refining process. However, it can still act as a skin and hair care product if applied topically.
The virgin variety
The unrefined type is also called the virgin variety due to the retaining of the nutrients in the oil. The mode of refining is through hand-pressing, which leads to culinary as well as other health benefits.
What do you need to do?
1. Firstly, you need to sample oils before you use it on your four-legged companion. Make sure that you make your purchase from reputable food stores and online resources only.
2. The second step is to feed small amounts at first and increase the dosage to 1 tbsp.30 lbs of body weight daily.
3. You will need to observe for any changes in energy, coat color, and texture, breath, and body odor.
4. You can even apply coconut oil topically for cuts and other wounds.
When taken internally, experts argue the following benefits for your beloved pet.
- Coconut oil can reduce the risk of canine cancer along with various degenerative disorders
- The oil also helps in keeping the cholesterol in check
- Coconut oil is perfect for improving the digestion and absorption powers of your pet
- It is ideal for the treatment of IBS, ulcers, and colitis
- Since the oil has a horde of natural substances that can act as antibacterial and antifungal effects, it can be used to fight infections
- Perfect for dogs suffering from arthritis
- Coconut oil can also be beneficial against various yeast borne infections like the thrush and the candidiasis
- Helps to balance the metabolic functions along with the endocrine system of the dog
- For improved thyroid functioning of the body
- Coconut oil has been found beneficial in case of dogs suffering from diabetes
- Coconut oil is the perfect solution when it comes to dog coat care and removal of blemishes
- If your dog suffers from allergic reactions, then coconut oil can alleviate the symptoms
- For disinfection of cuts and promoting wound healing
- Coconut oil also deodorizes the mouth as well as the skin
Keep in mind that the benefits a human being can enjoy from coconut oil work for your canine friend as well. Dogs love the taste as well.
Order your batch today and take the best care of your dog. dogloverspup.com/best coconut oil for dogs
Author bio: Simon Morris is a health and wellness adviser and pet lover. He also serves as a content developer with many years of experience. He has previously covered an extensive range of topics in his posts related to pet health.