Top Products to Help Pets and Help Pets Have Fun!
This list was compiled by Dr. Jim Humphries of the Veterinary News Network and it’s a great list that I thought was worthy of sharing.
While the U.S. economy remains sluggish, the pet economic sector, on the contrary, continues on an upward trend. It appears that when it comes to Fido, we’re not so inclined to cut corners. Pet product marketers are aggressively courting the consumer to buy their newest “can’t-live-without-pet-product”.
It’s important to know which products are beneficial and safe for your pet. To simplify the product clutter, we have prepared a sampling of new, innovative products…but this is ONLY a short list!
The ever growing pet product market ranges from fashion to fun, exercise to IQ puzzles, gourmet pet foods and treats….and everything in between.
These products are available on-line pet specialty sites, at pet boutiques and superstores… even the neighborhood groomer is likely to have a pet product line tempting you.
In considering which new products to purchase, it’s important to evaluate what your pet will enjoy, if the product provides healthy fun activity
EXERCISE AND PLAY products are dually beneficial. Look for pet-engaging toys with healthful options such as the following products:
1) The Hydro Freeze® family of toys. This toy product group provides hours of dog-chewing, fetching fun while simultaneously hydrating the dog. The award winning HydroBoneÂ® is now being joined by their new HydroBall® and HydroSaucer®.
2) If your pet needs more exercise than you have time, check out the DogTread® treadmill. It provides great fitness at home, and there will be no more traipsing out in the rain, snow, or mud with Fido!
3) Let your pet go wild with the Bubble Buddy®! This bubble blower, specially designed for dogs, uses SCENTED bubbles…like chicken or bacon! Just sit back…blow the bubbler…and let the dog exercise while chasing those tasty bubbles!
4) For those tough pups, try Kong’s Wubba…specially designed for durability and keeping your pup entertained!
BOREDOM or BEHAVIOR ISSUES can be positively handled if you have the right product.
5) The ThunderShirt® has a calming effect on the pet’s nervous system and has proven successful for that anxious canine, especially during summer storms.
6) Felines are not forgotten either when it comes to good therapeutic products! Cats that suffer from cabin fever, can safely enjoy the outdoors in their Kritter Kondo®. This easy-to-set up enclosure gives the cat a fun way to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment.
7) A great indoor cat product is the eco-friendly cathouse system®. These cardboard kitty play houses are foldable, stackable and changeable and they provide hours of play fun for indoor cats.
NUTRITION AND FEEDING PRODUCTS. You can even find innovation on the pet food aisle!
8) Award winning and very popular KONG® continues to introduce new toys for dogs and cats. Their new KONG Wobbler® dispenses food while providing entertainment too. And now KONG® has come out with KONG Stuffin’®- a pepperoni-paste filler for the KONG toys!
9) New pet food diets are released almost every week. We strongly advise everyone to consult with your veterinarian to find the right food for your pet!
10) Veterinarians know the importance of fresh water…so much so that a veterinarian invented the fresh-flowing Drinkwell Water Fountain® system for cats and dogs.
11) And grooming has never been easier with products like FURminator®, the ultimate pet shedder too.
TRAVEL and SAFETY PRODUCTS. Today more folks are traveling with their pets, and there are many great travel and safety products available. There’s everything from GPS collars for tracking that wayward pet to cute pet themed totes, safety belts, and of course-haute couture for the pet traveler. Fun travel products are sure to add charm to Fidoâ€™s adventures.
With so many new and great pet products in the marketplace, it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Key things to look for include: Award winning designations, American- made, Eco-friendly, and of course veterinarian endorsed products. Other important factors to consider when selecting the right products are your pet’s age, agility, and interests.
With a little research on-line or through your veterinarian, you’re sure to become an educated pet product consumerâ€¦and a real hero to your pet too!
This article is through the courtesy of the Pet Health Care Gazette