Acute Renal Failure (ARF)/Anti-Freeze Poisoning
ARF is different than CRF in that it is an abrupt shutdown of kidney function, and the primary causes are: urinary obstructions, infectious diseases, trauma, and the ingestion of toxins – the most common one being ethylene glycol which is contained in antifreeze!!!! It is extremely serious and can quickly become fatal. Immediate veterinary treatment is an imperative. Though the prognosis is usually poor, if damage has not been too severe and medical treatment is aggressive, it may be possible for normal kidney function to be restored.
The foregoing is from http://www.felinecrf.com/. ANTIFREEZE IS A KILLER! Get your cat to your vet immeidately if you suspect she may have ingested antifreeze.