Posted on January 23, 2017 by Kevin Myers
Alternative facts (#AlternativeFacts) aren’t just political fodder; following the lead of Counseller to the President Kellyanne Conway and White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, I would like to provide some alternative facts for dog lovers everywhere.Happy cartoon dog wagging tail
- It is a well-known fact that dogs that fail to pee during bedtime walkies have a nary a drop in their bladder.
- It is a scientific fact that dog hair is an effective probiotic.
- Any suggestion that dogs dislike squirrels is false news propagated by the lying media.
- Dogs are just a repulsed by cow manure as we are.
- Dogs are stringent observers of the 5-second rule.
- Bacon is useless in bribing a dog.
- Dogs are altruistic and never keep count of who got the most treats.
- Staring at us is an ineffective way for dogs to get our attention.
- Our amygdala does not register the sound of a puking dog.
- Having multiple dogs in your house means that they will entertain themselves without any help from you.
In the spirit of the current political climate, these #alternativefacts are as indisputable the Chinese invented climate change hoax. We cannot be held responsible for your belief or non-belief in them.
Originally posted by Dog Lover’s Digest and reposted with permission. Read Kevin’s posts and join the debate about the training, health, behavior, and welfare of “Man’s Best Friend.” Trainers, vets and dog lover’s are welcome to engage and help us to find better ways to live with our canine companions. Great dog insight mixed with humorous dialog