Things you’ll Never Hear a Dog Say
It’s a good bet that if your dog could talk, you would never hear them say the following:
- I shouldn’t have eaten that last hot dog!
- I see you have your new clothes on so I will keep to myself.
- It’s too early to bark at that squirrel in my back yard.
- A clean house is a safe house.
- I feel sick; I should vomit on the linoleum instead of the bed.
- Here come the humans, I should make room for them on the bed.
- The food in that other dog’s bowl doesn’t appeal to me at all.
- This stuffed toy is brand new; I want to keep it intact for many years to come.
- Begging is beneath me.
- That carcass looks disgusting.
- Why yes, I do want a bath please; while you’re at it could you clip my nails?
- I will never sniff another butt.
- A trip to the vets? Lovely.
- No. You’re tired. I can wait until tomorrow to play.
- It’s your bathroom and you deserve some privacy.
Originally posted by Dog Lover’s Digest and reposted with permission. Read Kevin’s posts and join the debate about the training, health, behavior, and welfare of “Man’s Best Friend.” Trainers, vets and dog lover’s are welcome to engage and help us to find better ways to live with our canine companions. Great dog insight mixed with humorous dialog