In the spirit of February and the impending V Day… .here are 10 reasons why having a dog (or cat, bird, lizard, any other pet) is better:
- They don’t or won’t expect flowers, expensive jewelry, lingerie, what have you… .they don’t expect anything (but a treat or new toy would be sweet).
- They will watch whatever movie you want…just as long as they are snuggled next to you.
- They are totally happy to see you no matter how you look, whether you are late or if you went out, had a little much to drink, came home and said or did some stupid things.
- They will pretty much like whatever you try to cook, lick their plate clean and won’t tell you if it was awful.
- They won’t hold a grudge (at least not for very long).
- They will listen to you for hours without interrupting and will act like whatever you are saying is the most interesting and intelligent thing in the whole world.
- They will limit their time in the bathroom to a quick drink (if that’s their thing) and will never use all the hot water.
- They don’t really care about previous dogs, cats, birds, animals in your life, or even previous significant other people in your life.
- Their parents will never come to visit.
- And number one, you can see in their eyes they adore you and if they could speak, they would say “I love you!”
Partnered with Marnie McCammon and Spot Magazine in providing information and resources for our beloved pets, fosters and rescues. Opinions and ideas expressed by writers and/or advertisers herein are not necessarily endorsed by, or necessarily reflect, the opinions of Spot Magazine or Living Out Loud, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction (whole or part) without permission prohibited. © 2016 LIVING OUT LOUD INC